2022 WASHINGTON COUNTY PARK RULES & REGULATIONS
IF YOU CHOOSE TO VIOLATE THE RULES YOU RISK BEING REMOVED FROM THE PARK WITH NO REFUND OF ANY
FEES PAID. If you observe anyone violating these rules, contact our Gate Attendant during working hours 276-628-9677. After hours call Park Authority Manager 276-608-1244. EMERGENCY DIAL 911.
We wish you a safe and enjoyable visit and thank you for choosing to camp with us.
1. All facilities at Washington County Park are used at your own risk.
2. Washington County Park Authority or their employees will not be responsible for the loss of, or damage to, any property of the users of Washington County Park.
3. All State and County laws and regulations are to be abided by in the Park. The Park falls under Washington County Sheriff and Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources jurisdictions.
4. Park hours are 8:00 am – 9:00 pm. At 9:00 pm, the Laundry is closed, the two white gates are closed and locked, and the main front gate is closed but remains unlocked. If you exit the main gate after 9:00 pm, the gate must be shut behind you.
5. Prohibited in the Park:
– No open display of alcoholic beverages allowed.
– The possession of firearms, weapons, or fireworks is prohibited.
– Possession or use of any controlled or dangerous substance or the intent to distribute is strictly prohibited.
– Use of a generator is prohibited.
6. All open campfires should be small and kept 25 feet from campers and must be controlled at all times. No standing wood may be used and stored firewood must not be stacked more than 3 feet high. Please burn only local or certified firewood.
7. The speed limit on all roads in the Park is 5 MPH and will be strictly enforced.
8. Absolutely no untagged motorized vehicles are allowed in Washington County Park including golf carts. Vehicles are not to exceed the state or county exhaust noise level. Electronic scooters and hoverboards must obey STOP signs and speed limit.
9. Trash, garbage, etc., are to be placed in proper receptacles throughout the Park. Renters are responsible for keeping the appearance of their site and camper presentable.
10. Temporary camping has a maximum stay of two weeks and camper must be removed from the property after the fourteen days. Limit to a two week stay in a thirty-day period. Renters must check-in and check-out with the front booth at the beginning and end of their stay. Check-in times are 3:00 pm – 9:00 pm. Check-out times are 8:00 am – 12:00 noon. If arrival after 9:00 pm is needed, the Park must be notified beforehand. If checking out before 8:00 am, parking tag must be dropped in the Honor Box at the front booth.
11. Site renter, their families and guests shall conduct themselves with proper decorum while at the Park and shall not indulge in loud and boisterous conduct. No activity, which would interrupt another person’s use and enjoyment of the Park will be allowed. In the event any site renter, their family or a guest is guilty of a breach of any of these rules, the Park Supervisor shall have the authority to require said person or persons to leave the Park.
12. Quiet time is observed from 10:00 pm – 8:00 am
13. No loud talking, singing, playing of music or musical instruments outside the confines of tent or camper shall be permitted after 10:00 pm. For the mutual comfort and pleasure of all persons, any noise generating equipment such televisions or speakers, shall be restricted in their use and at no time shall equipment be used in a manner to cause a nuisance to the other site renters, their families and guests. Site renter shall be responsible for the conduct of their respective families and guests. All guests must be out of the Park by 12:00 midnight
14. Site renter shall be liable for any damage to, or destruction of, property or equipment of the Washington County Park, which is caused by their respective families and guests. Any site renter caught vandalizing Washington County Park property will be removed from the Park and permanently banned.
15. No site renter, their family or guests shall attach any apparatus, attachment, accessory building or structure to the trees or other living plants within the Park. The cutting of wood or other vegetation within the Park is prohibited.
16. No moving or modifying Park property without board permission.
17. In the event of a fire or rising water hazard, special precautions or measures, including, without limitation, the closing of the Park, may be invoked by the Washington County Park Authority. Upon notice from the Washington County Park Authority, all site renters and their families shall immediately comply with such orders and be able to remove camper and belongings within 24 hours. In the event of an emergency, the Washington County Park Authority shall have the authority, but without any obligation or liability, to move or remove equipment, vehicles and belongings of site renters, their families and guests. Rent will continue if campers are removed due to high water. In the event of severe weather, the laundry mat building will be a designated storm shelter.
18. The showers are to be used by campers of the Park only. All others will be required to pay a camper’s fee. Men must shower in the mens shower and ladies in the ladies. Anyone violating this will be removed permanently from the Park.
19. At the discretion of the Washington County Park Authority, site renter may bring family household pets, such as dogs and cats. Such pets shall always be under the owner’s control. All dogs must be kept on leashes and picked up after. The Washington County Park Authority reserves the right to require a site renter to remove any pet that becomes a nuisance. Pet owners will be held liable for damage caused by pets.
20. Only one camping vehicle may occupy an RV campsite. No tents of any type allowed in main campground. Tent camping only in designated area with a maximum of 2 tents per site. Rent is per site, and setting up more tents than paid for will be charged double.
21. No more than manufacturer’s designated occupancy (includes site renter, family, and all guests) may occupy a camper. Renters must limit number of vehicles at a site with respects to site size and neighbor impact. Extra parking at the laundry mat should be used.
22. Rented site should be clean when vacating a site. Trash and cinder blocks should be removed and barbeque grills are to be cleaned prior to leaving a campsite.
23. Self-contained vehicle holding tanks and other plumbing used for “gray” or “black” water must be dumped and rinsed into a sewer line or Dump Station and not onto the ground. Violators will be reported and permanently banned from the Park.
24. Any personal items not located in the rented campsite will be viewed as public use and may be used by other campers. Any items located along the shoreline must be removed at the end of each season.
25. Boats may be launched only from designated areas. Persons using the boat launching facilities will be expected to observe all the rules relating thereto. No trailered watercraft of any type should be launched from shoreline. Shoreline parking is first come first serve but rented camp sites must be respected.
26. Size limit of campers are 10’ x 42’. Washington County Park Authority has the right to reject any camper brought into the Park and it must meet the specifications of the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association standards. Campers must be professionally manufactured by a licensed manufacturer. Camper vans and truck bed camper inserts are permitted. Converted buses, utility trailers, or mobile home style campers are not permitted. Trucks with bed toppers are not manufactured RVs and must camp in the tent area. Livestock trailers with living quarters must call first or will not be permitted.
Washington County Park Authority, Revised December 2, 2021